Thursday, March 26, 2009

WMD is armed and ready

The FIRST West Michigan District event is about to get underway. Tonight some of the team went out to the field house at GVSU to get our pit area configured and run some practice matches.

Our performance was slightly less than stellar, however only the "big boys" showed up to practice. With that in mind, we need to get better overnight! Tonight I played the part of the "Commander" / Field General. I was the adult that went onto the playing field with the drive team and helped give them guidance during the match. I'm glad I'm not doing that tomorrow! It is an entirely different perspective from the point of view of the drivers! I was very impressed with how our drive team communicated with the other teams on their alliances, they did a good job of working well with others.

I took some pictures while on the field and will be posting them here soon.

Tomorrow is the start of WMD. I'll be twittering all day and blogging tomorrow night. If you are interested in watching the online webcast, go to CodeRedRobotics. Enjoy!

No comments: