Sunday, March 15, 2009

Team Training & Video Games

I want to thank Team 2771 Code Red Robotics for inviting our team to their site for a very informative Team Training event and video game tournament; we just got back a short time ago.

There were representatives from 3 teams in attendance, some people I knew and others I didn't. It was really nice to make some new friends.

I've been through various team building exercises in the past and as awkward as the seem, they are always a good experience. It was perfect timing for the students on our teams to have this kind of experience.

My hat is off to Code Red, they are doing amazing things this year and I want to applaud their efforts. They understand the FIRST vision and it is showing at their competitions. They are winners of several awards already this season, and I'm sure there are more to come.

We capped off the evening with a video game tournament. The kids had 4 different video game systems and a plethora of games to choose from. It looked like they all had a blast. All in all it was a great evening.

No comments: