I'm a little stuck and here's my problem.
Our "home town" FIRST event is coming up in less than 2 weeks and we want to invite a lot of the students, teachers and staff from our school to the competition. The problem is, our school does not have a FIRST team. The kids from our school work with a neighboring school that does have a FIRST team.
This is our third year partnering with Team 904, and we really have developed a great relationship with them. I have no intention of leaving Team 904, yet I have every intention to see that every school has a FIRST team. I see a prime opportunity with our own school district.
The problem is, how do you invite kids, teachers, principals, etc... to an event that they know nothing about. I'd like to hang up fliers in the school, but if contains more then 25 words, nobody is going to read it. Now how can you explain FIRST and form it into an invitation in 25 words?
The root of the problem stems from the schools lack of interest in anything new. They have the school set on "cruise control" and are not interested in making any changes.
I've personally invited the school's administration to past FIRST events, and there has been no interest. We've taken our teams robot to events at the school, and this too has not sparked much interest in the staff or administration.
How do we get these people to wake up?
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment