Friday, March 20, 2009

904 / FIRST - In The News

Last week a journalist and photographer from Rapid Growth stopped by to talk to our team. Rapid Growth is a weekly online magazine that is reporting on growth and change in Grand Rapids Michigan.

They wrote a story about FIRST and Team 904. This piece is currently the "cover story" however this link will take you directly to the article.

This article is different than most I've read. It focuses more on the vision of FIRST rather than the performance of a specific team at an event, and I like that. It is important to show the community that FIRST is not a science fair, but more like a real life test run.

The story spells out all the good things that these kids get from being involved in FIRST, like communication skills, problem solving, and working as a team. The article doesn't touch much on how extraordinarily fun a competition is. I certainly hope they can attend the West Michigan District Event and experience the enthusiastic energy!

No comments: