Sunday, March 1, 2009

Thoughts After Traverse City

Today was simply an amazing day. I watched the faces of kids I've been working with for 6+ weeks turn from confidence to panic to elation all in the course of a few hours. It was a roller coaster ride I will not forget.

It's too late to go into too many details, but the big ones I'll share. Team 904 is now a Traverse City District Finalist. That means we took second place, and we are really really happy! We are also the winner of the Rockwell Automation Innovation in Control Award for use of traction control and our several autonomous modes. Our programmers did an outstanding job and I am very proud of the work they accomplished.

With the number of wins we scored this weekend coupled with the awards we won, we have a short road to travel to get the Michigan State Championships which will be held at EMU in April. We will be competing again at the West Michigan District event in 1 month, and it looks like we need to win 5 matches in order to qualify for the State Championship. I think our record for the Traverse City District event was 14-6-1. Yes we scored a tie... what an amazing match.

Thanks to everyone following my Twitter; it was fun.

No comments: