I'm not much of a football fan, and I'd guess that there are others like me out there. I did watch the football game this evening and really didn't care who won. In these situations I usually root for the underdog, and I almost thought my team was going to win.
It's kinda silly, all the celebration, production and good old fashioned hoopla that went into a single game. Big deal, we now know the best group of knuckleheads that can carry, throw, and kick a ball. What's worse is that people idolize these guys. When I say people I mean adults, and I'm sure somewhere there is a kid that thinks this is how they should act in order to make their parents proud.
There was a time that pure brute strength showed the ability to survive, but today brute strength is no longer a necessity. In order for us, as a species, to continue to survive, there are a lot of problems that we need to solve.
One day the problem solvers will rule the world. There will be contests where the best problem solvers come together and battle each other and thousands of people will cheer for the winners (and losers). By the way, that day is coming soon. The best problem solvers are working diligently, right now, and will be playing their games in less than 4 weeks. Their sport is known as FIRST Robotics Competition, and their "Super Bowl" will be held April 16-18 in the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. Yes, this is a big deal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Football, like any other sport, requires strategy and intelligence, IMO. I mean, it may seem like a physical game, but you can throw, kick, and catch the ball all day and produce no results unless you know what you're doing. Same w/ FIRST. You can do a lot of useless things in the competition that won't help you; you need to know and analyze the situation to give you the advantage. One man's opinion.
Post a Comment