Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bring it on

We finished our software tweaking tonight and we are definitely ready for competition. We only tweaked a few things and tried to test what we could and everything is working really well. We added a new feature over the past few days that will allow our drive team to hold down a button while in operator control mode, that will allow the robot to run autonomously, track an opponent and score. We are calling it the "heat seeker" function. I am envisioning a situation where the driver will not be able to have a clear view of what is going on on the field, and they'll be able to use this function to score.

Last year I posted updates on my blog while we were at the regional in Milwaukee, WI. This year I will be posting updates, hopefully more often, but I am now on Twitter. Instead of blogging the updates, I'll be Twittering them. My Twitter update is already being fed to my blog. Scroll down a little and look in the right column to find my Twitter Updates. You can also view my Twitter feed at:
https://twitter.com/rogerlsmith

My blog is primarily devoted to my FIRST endeavors, however my Tweets will be about anything I'm doing. No matter, everyone is welcome to follow my Tweets, they just may not always be FIRST related.

Alright Traverse City, this is your first time holding a FIRST event. Team 904 is ready. Bring it on!

No comments: