First off, I want to thank Team 74 from Holland for letting us use their facilities today to test our robot. They have a fantastic place to build and test, and it was really nice of them to let us have some time on their field.
When I arrived at their building, I was told that our robot was having problems and that nothing worked. Our first assumption was that some wire(s) jiggled out of place on the trip over. We went through all the electronics and everything looked correct.
One of our mentors suggested loading old software on the robot, since we made modifications yesterday and hadn't really had time to test everything. They did, and the old code worked, but didn't have any of the features that we had been working on for the past few weeks.
They began removing code, by turning it into comments, so that our new code would begin to run properly. Once problems have been isolated the code could be "un-commented" so that it would work again.
We were there for 5 hours today, and I really can't say that we accomplished anything, other than fix things that we thought already worked. I suppose if these were problems that we would have faced next week, it was good to resolve them today.
Our drive team did get a good deal of time on the controls today, and I think they're getting a good feel for the robot. I'm very impressed with their driving skills; this was one of the only highlights to the day.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment