I spent most of the day today watching it snow. It seems like that should be done by now.
Anyhow, when our team last met, we discussed ways of scouting other teams and marketing our team. I think we've decided that we're going to do a lot of pit scouting and gather as much info as possible from each team. At the same time we are going to give each team a business card with all of our information on it.
Scouting can be done a couple different ways. Pit scouting is just that, we approach and interview each team and ask them about their strong and weak points. Of course it may be possible that teams exaggerate their abilities slightly and we want to back up their claims through match scouting. We want to watch each team in action and try and verify all the claims they made during our interviews.
Scouting is important for teams that feel they have a chance of finishing qualifications in the top 8. The top 8 teams get to pick who their alliance partners will be, and if you don't know the team(s) that can best help your team, you may not win.
We feel that we have a really good chance of landing in the top 8 this year and we are taking scouting very seriously.
So, today, while I watched it snow, I started laying out our business card that we'll be giving to teams. What I did was just a suggestion and I will be letting our marketing team make additions and changes.
5 days till Lunacy begins.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment