Monday, February 23, 2009

Its Oscar Night

Tonight I got involved in watching the Academy Awards, which is something I never do. The show just ended and I have nothing "FIRSTy" on my mind to write about and during the show I asked my kids what I could blog about tonight and they told me to write about the Oscars. So...

I like movies, but rarely do I get overly excited about anything Hollywood is making these days. I did see a few movies this year and I did get excited about 2 of them; The Dark Knight and Slumdog Millionaire. I was kind of interested in seeing how well they'd do at harvesting them Oscars.

Actually, I thought The Dark Knight was a little lame, but I fell in love with The Joker, played by the late Heath Ledger. I'm not going into details about the movie, go see it if you want to know more. In one word, The Joker was AMAZING!

I just saw Slumdog Millionaire a few weeks ago and I really fell in love with everything there is about this movie. The story was unique, the cinematography was beautiful, the music was outstanding and they just won about 8 Oscars to prove it.

Tomorrow we'll be taking the robot out of the bag and beginning our 8 hours of prep time before our first competition on Friday. I'll have more FIRST news tomorrow.

No comments: