Tuesday, January 13, 2009

We've Passed All Our Tests

Our wireless network problems are now behind us and tonight we dug more into the camera code while running it in the Wind River debugger. At one point we had the camera recognizing the florescent pink and green that will be used to distinguish who is on which team. I worked with the debugger and a tried understanding some of the examples that we created.

I set out a few goals to meet before we started moving the components onto the Plexiglas sheet that will be mounted in the robot. I wanted to have all our networking issues sorted out, be able to download code to the robot, run the code in the Wind River debugger and connect to VxWorks via a command shell. Tonight, we passed all of those tests and have started mounting components to the Plexiglas.

Tomorrow we will continue to mount components and probably look more at creating code for our different modes. We'll be looking at the code the controls the robot autonomously and also the code that will be used during tele-operated mode.

I feel that we are now making good progress, and hopefully we will have a drivable robot next week.

No comments: