Monday, January 19, 2009

Team Websites

Now that every team has begun to design and build this years robot, there are also groups of students that are working tirelessly to create a stunning and dynamic web presence for their team. Teams will use their website as a marketing tool to show businesses who they are and what they do, in hopes that they will provide sponsorship for their team.

From time-to-time I plan to link to teams websites and write a little about what I see. If you'd like to send me a link to your team's site, just post a comment.

Today I randomly picked FIRST Robotics Competition Team 1745 - http://www.pearcerobotics.com/ from Richardson Texas. They've created a very clean site using Joomla, a popular open source Content Management System. They have a lot of great information about their team, it's easy to find and the content is up-to-date. I like how they have images, videos, a special page for sponsors and a page that recognizes everyone on the team. They also have a login for users, so I hope they have team specific content for registered users. Great site Team 1745!

No comments: