Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Picture From 904

We made steady progress both last night and today. We've written code for at least 4 different autonomous modes and I'm sure we'll have more by the time we ship the robot. Preliminary tests have all been successful, but we haven't had an opportunity to fine tune the code for optimal performance.

I'm going to post a picture of our robot showing it's drive train and conveyor system. This picture is a little out of date, but I think it's time to begin showing off our machine.

From 2009 Build Season


As you can see, we have chosen the "wide body" design with a 10 wheel drive configuration. Looking at the wheels, this picture must have been taken about a week ago, the night we first drove the robot. We have a conveyor system that will harvest the "moon rocks" and collect them in a bin atop the robot. We will also have a mechanism that will allow us to dump the load in our opponent's trailer.

We just keep sailing along, making good progress every day. I hope we can make it another 3 weeks with the luck that we are having right now.

No comments: