Tonight I figured out that the 802.11n wireless adapter I bought for my laptop only works on the 2.4 GHz band, and FIRST wants our routers set to only broadcast N on the 5 GHz band.... Bummer! Now I've gotta take my cheappy <cough>Belkin</cough> card back to Best Buy. However I did just find a dual band LinkSys card on sale at Office Max. Can you guess where I'm going tomorrow?
Our goal tonight was to get the camera working, and possibly learn more about the debugging capabilities of Wind River. We did learn a little more about debugging, but we spent most of our 3 hours re-configuring our camera. It was thought that someone may have reconfigured the IP address of the camera and our controller wasn't able to connect to it. I'm not sure what we did for quite some time; we swapped network cables, connected the camera to just about everything (except the kitchen sink), and power cycled the cRIO about 100 times (seriously). As our group got more frustrated with the camera, it was decided that we needed to re-image the cRIO. We updated the firmware in it a few weeks ago, but the thought was that we may have somehow corrupted it. Personally I don't think this was the problem but we'll have to find out tomorrow. In fact the re-image was the absolute last thing we could do before being evicted for the night from our workspace.
Hopefully tomorrow we'll have the camera working and I should be able to connect to our robot's network wirelessly with a new network adapter. :)
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment