Saturday, December 27, 2008

1 year old

Well, it was a year ago today that I started this blog. To commemorate the occasion I'm going to change some of the colors and give it a slightly new look. Maybe I'll do something like this every year.

A lot of things have happened this past year. Our FIRST Robotics Competition team had a good year. We didn't score a lot of wins, but we had a good time and did come away with a team spirit award. As a team we volunteered to help our community in many different ways. This helped our community and was a rewarding experience for our students too.

It was an exciting year for me as a parent to see both of my kids getting more involved in FIRST. Recently my daughter had to give a "business style" presentation in one of her classes and she did her presentation on FIRST. I thought that was awesome, since our school does not have a FIRST team; we work with a neighboring school. I hope that in 2009 both of my kids become even more involved.

Check back soon, I've been compiling a top ten list for 2008 (which will probably only be a top five list). I want to recognize the top teams / robot designs that I particularly liked for this year.

No comments: