Saturday, March 22, 2008

Elimination Day @ WMR

The elimination rounds at this years West Michigan Regional were outstanding. The teams that made it to the finals were among the best teams I've seen this year. Unfortunately Team 904 wasn't part of the party.

Our first match today was against the new kid on the block. Team 2337, from Grand Blanc has already made their mark on FIRST and are proving themselves as one of the teams to beat. We did just that today, aligned with Team 33 - The Killer Bees, we took down the EngiNERDS in an awesome match that was extremely close.

Our second match this morning didn't prove to be as rewarding. We were beat in a hard fought match; thus ending our WMR qualification matches with a 3-5 record.

We all waited patiently as the alliance selection process happened, and again we were not selected.

It's not really a shocker to me, I could see this happening, however I was always hoping for the best. What is a shock, is the realization that 2008 is over (for the most part). Something that I've put every ounce of free time into for the past 3+ months is finished. In one way it's sad, but in another it's the start of a new beginning.

The Championship will go on without 904, and they'll survive... :)

904 will be strong next year, guaranteed.

I have lots of ideas for our off-season and we'll be digging into those next. This is not the end of this blog, but the beginning of the new season. And the new season starts now! :)

No comments: