Thursday, October 16, 2008

Inspirational Interlude

Yesterday I was reading through some of the blogs that I like and came across a video on Phil Plait's Bad Astronomy Blog.

It's about 8 minutes long and I thought it was amazing, and I'd like to share it here.

via videosift.com

In a time when it's tough to encourage kids to get excited about science and technology, this reminds me of why I enjoy science. Kids today have too many virtual distractions, through the use of computers and the Internet. Virtual worlds are fun and exciting, but they can't compare to the real world.

Watch the video and think about everything that went into making those 8 minutes happen. It took a ton of science, engineering and required technological advances that were ages ahead of their time. Also remember at the very top of that monster sat 3 Americans, going to a place that nobody had ever gone before. That's what makes me proud to be an American.

No comments: