Monday, December 7, 2009

FIRST is expanding

Tomorrow I will be meeting with FRC Team 904 briefly to discuss programming options for 2010. However most of my input will fall on ears tuned to a different frequency. I expect that 904 will begin using LabVIEW this year, given their mentor support and student interest.

After a quick meeting at 904's build site, I'll be heading to Code Red's build site, team 2771 to hold a mock design session. Our new team, FRC Team 3357 will be working through a mock design / brain-storming session with Code Red as a practice exercise before the FRC Kick Off. It should be a great experience for our new kids.

It was only a year ago that team 904 was helping team 2771 get off the ground. This year team 2771 is helping team 3357 get off the ground. FIRST is certainly growing in West Michigan. East Michigan teams better watch out, 2010 will be the year the West takes control of Michigan.

No comments: