Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Games

I know all kids like games, and some adults too. I've found a couple games online that I like and I'm going to give them a quick review.

Fantastic Contraption
A physics based game that requires the player to build machines to move the game-piece into it's finish zone. The first 20+ levels are free, and there are more that you can buy. I made it through all of the free levels, and haven't yet tried the additional levels. Some of them are quite tough, but I managed to figure them out, so I know you can too. You can save your contraptions and also see contraptions that other users have created. You can rate other players contraptions, some are simple and elegant, some are unbelievably complicated and others are just plain cool.

Assembler
Another physics based game that requires the player to build simple structures with the supplied shapes to get the game piece(s) into their proper zone. This game is much easier to complete the levels, but it keeps a timer running and shows speed records from other players. This part is kinda hokey, because you can restart a level as many times as you want. In the end all your timed on is how fast you can drag the shapes around, not really on how fast you can solve the problem.

To summarize, both games make you think and are quite addictive. I'd recommend that anyone getting their brains in shape for designing a FIRST Robotics robot, try them out and have some fun. Just make sure you don't play for too long, and get your homework done first!

No comments: