We are at the half-way point of our build season, and our robot is almost drivable. I took some pictures on Wednesday, however I am going to wait a little longer before posting them to my Flickr site.
As far as the programming and electrical team goes, we've flow charted most of our hybrid mode and have about half of it coded. We are prepared to download hybrid code and drive code whenever the robot is ready (which I think will be either Monday or Tuesday). As soon as it is drivable, the drive team will begin try-outs and soon a team will be picked. They will then practice as much as possible before the ship date.
The team as a whole is fund-raising like crazy. We're selling Yooper bars (a very tasty chocolate candy bar) and we'll also be selling pizza kits in the next week. We're doing can and bottle drives, hoping people will donate their returnables to the team.
Again this year we are attending 2 regional events in hopes that we come up with a win at one (or both) so that we are eligible to attend the Championship in Atlanta. All of these events are very pricey.
Look for a post soon, I'll be blogging about our baby's FIRST steps.
Friday, January 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment